- Boil a cup (or little more) water to bubble (ratio: 1:2 oats-to-liquid). I usually use a cup of water with a half cup of oatmeal.
- Add a bowl of rolled raw oatmeal and bring the heat down to LOW for simmering.
- Add a pinch of salt and other POWDERED spices
- Wait 5 minutes (swirl every minute ir so with a wooden spoon so they don’t stick to the bottom) – time can vary depending on your heat and the size of the pot
- Serve it in your favorite bowl
- Add your poison mix, milk, and toppings. Just don’t over do anything.
Notes to have it stay healthy:
- A half-cup of oatmeal is considered to be 1 serving (≈ 150 cal)
- Instead of sugar or honey, try cinnamon, (unsweetened) cocoa powder, or vanilla extract
- Use fresh or frozen fruit rather than dried fruit (they have more calories)
- Don’t overdo sweets or nuts
Some recommendations for topping:
- Apples, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Walnuts, pecans
- Kimchi (probiotics!)
- Fried or boiled egg (protein!)